Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Check Lists...

It's funny how things come down to check lists. Mentally we have been checking off what we have gotten and what we still need to get. It's nice to have months to prepare for an event though, because you can get everything in stages and have time to hunt for deals. I just finished getting the last car seat today. We spent a total of $75 for all three, and they are all really nice Graco's. Next major item to hunt down... bouncy seats.
We have been working a plan on diapers, formula, bottle, and wipes. Every time we go to the grocery store (1-2 times a week) we pick up one of these items. Upon realizing that we will be five months along this week, I have decided that we will probably start beefing that up to 2 items each trip. My goal is to have enough newborn diapers, formula, and wipes to last the first couple of months, and spreading it out like this really helps with cost. I am also going to have to start getting the cloth diapers piece by piece soon, but it will be quite awhile before they will fit into them. To me, it makes it a lot easier to spread it all out like we are. Usually I am a "get it all at once" kinda mind set, but this way makes it a lot less stressful.
I have never been the great financial person, although I try really hard, but with the babies coming I have been trying to make a lot of changes. We are using spread sheets to keep track of all the bills, groceries, gas, etc. It is really making a difference and Michael is ecstatic because now he can clearly see where everything is going and timing of the bills. I would recommend this to anyone regardless of kids or not. I hope to get Miche and Jasper doing it as well when they start working so they get the hang of all this early on. I never had that type of guidance in fiances until I met Michael and it is harder to get it down when your older.
Well off to go lay down for awhile... gotta love modified bed rest...lol

0 comments:

Post a Comment