Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Learning Curves...

It seems like we try a billion different things before we find what will work for our trio, and even then, finding what works for each individual. Some days our routine goes smoothly and some days it crashes all around us. Some days I just want to cry at the end because I am exhausted and a little one is too beyond exhaustion to sleep (fighting it tooth and nail). Most days I just smile at my little bundles of joy, loving them, and every moment I get with them, good or bad.
No one could have ever prepared me for triplets. I don't think you can even truly comprehend the reality of living/ caring/ and raising triplets until you actually do it. I felt fairly prepared going into this. I read everything I could get my hands on, listened to everything on the triplet boards, etc, and I knew it was going to be really hard but I felt ready... Then "ready" went out the window when they came home. It is definitely a completely different life now but it is a wonderful one.
So if you see a mom of higher multiples, give her some props because I am sure she deserves it and doesn't really hear it. Being a HOM (higher order mom) is not easy in the least but the rewards are defiantly plentiful (the children).

0 comments:

Post a Comment