Friday, December 18, 2009

Carseats, Cars and the growing family....

Well we finally got around to seeing if the carseats would all fit in my husbands truck. It is a Chevy K1500 with a large extended cab (almost crew cab size). They fit perfectly! I had a feeling they would. I think we still might see if they would fit in our Impala but I don't think they will. It doesn't really matter though because he rarely drives the Impala since getting his truck, and he will be the one driving home from the hospital.
We do plan on buying a full sized used van in Jan-March area of next year (2010). We are waiting till then so we can save enough to just pay cash for it. I have really loved the last two years without car payments and don't want to acquire another one at this point.
I want the full sized van because we do a lot of traveling to see family and such, and with five kids we need the space. The larger van will not only accommodate the whole family but also do it in an extremely comfortable manner. We had mini van once that was modeled after the large luxury full sized vans (4 captains chairs, large bench seat in back) and loved it. The only issue was that we really wanted it to be a little larger inside. So that is what I will be hunting for.
I will keep you all updated on what we buy when we get there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment