Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hitting the first Wall?

I say hitting the "first" wall because I am sure over the next two months I will experience more walls that I will have to climb over. My Wall: Well sleep seems to be elusive. I can't lay flat anymore, the upper part of my body has to stay elevated otherwise I can't breath. The belly is so large now that it is getting sore and extremely hard to find any position where it is comfortable. The babies are staying up till midnight to 1am "playing" in there so I get even less sleep. Then to top everything off I have a small cold. All in all, I don't think we are doing too bad...lol.
Ok, seriously, we are not doing too bad, even though the above issues are a little annoying. The babies are moving great, everyone at my doctors office is amazed at how well we are doing (no meds, cervix is excellent with no changes, very mild contractions are few and wide spread, no problems), and their weights are great so far. I have also gone a week now without having to take the Zofran which is wonderful since I hate taking pharmacuticle medications. I don't think I could ask for much more.
I am still hoping to make it to 36 weeks. 32 weeks is the average and that would be christmas eve, but 36 weeks gives us the best chance of no NICU time and that will be the middle of January, so that is what we are shooting for. Little less then 8 weeks now!
Things I am looking forward to after the babies are born (besides the babies): Sleeping on my stomach again. Being able to get back into my own shoes. Being able to lay down and not feel like I'm suffacating. Being able to snuggle up to Michael without trying to figure out a way around the enitity (the belly). Being able to be comfortable in general. Having the energy to do things again.
I know these sound like such trivial things but when you are 28 weeks pregnant with triplets, these little things seem like a luxury...lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment