Monday, November 30, 2009

Online forums...

First off there are not that many online forums for people with triplets and higher order multiples. Then there are even fewer that have people actively chatting. The biggest one is Tripletconnection which I have been active in for awhile now. I get frustrated at times though for two reasons:
1) Negativity. It seems to only be a few people, but those few people can be very mean and cruel at times. That ill will not only causes people to shy away from the forum but it also intimidates others so they are too scared to post questions or concerns in fear they will be made fun of or put down. It is really heartbreaking to see this go on, especially in a place that is supposed to help others. Some will say "that is just life" or "you won't like everyone you meet" but I don't buy it. You have the option to comment or not. If you are spouting mean and hurtful comments, you are doing it deliberately and for that intent. Now there is the possibility that someone took what you said wrong, but that is a much less common occurrence and is more apparent. With just a tiny bit of communication this is resolved easily.
2) It seems, at least lately, there are not many actively talking pregnant moms out there. It is cool to hear and learn from all the ones who are going through the infancy and above phases, but when you are pregnant it is nice to talk with others in the same boat too.
Perhaps I am just frustrated today. Perhaps I feel slightly lonely without anyone to really chat with. Perhaps I am tired of mean people. Perhaps I am just bored.
Perhaps...

3 comments:

pyjammy pam said...

There are a few triplet moms-to-be on the nest multiples board. Try posting there! I am a pretty active poster there, but I'm not a mom-to-be anymore. :)

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/4236702/ShowForum.aspx

Marcie said...

That's crappy. I found you on thebump.com which seems to be pretty active. I hope you find that one more enjoyable.

LBarnett said...

Marcie, Thanks for the comments and support. I have to say I really love it on theBump so far. It seems to be what I was looking for.
Hope to talk with soon.

Post a Comment